VIRTUAL GIRLFRIEND

 "So Aryan, did you ever have a girlfriend?" Aryan's fiancée Rohini asked him.

"Well, virtually yes, but practically no," Aryan replied.

"What ?? I did not get you..." She said and twitched her nose.

"Well it's a long tale, are you sure you would want to hear it?" Aryan asked.

"Sure sure, go, ahead," Rohini said.

Aryan started, "During my college days, I was never a handsome and fit guy like I am today." "Self-praise haan!" Rohini intercepted. "During those days, I was a dull, boring, and unattractive guy with a nerdy look. Also jealous as every other friend of mine had a girlfriend, but I never had one."

At a 31st December party, I had been out drinking with my friends especially my friend Sohan. We were good friends, but he was of those mastikhor type. Sozzled up I was. The rum let my emotions loose that night. I blabbered to Sohan that I did not have a girlfriend and was regretting it. Like a pro, he gave his gyaan and pushed me onto the highway of social media to look for one."

I jumped at his suggestion and started my journey of FACEBOOK, TINDER, OK CUPID, and whatnot. Some cool status updates, some good poses with glares and flashy clothes, and a few friend requests. I was already feeling like a casanova. A pop-up on my phone popped my eyes. Whoaaa a friend request was accepted by "MARIA". Cloud nine was too small for me. I was on the eighteenth one or maybe higher.

A casual "hi" and I was rolling. Chatting non-stop and liking each other came naturally. In a short time, Maria was like an oasis in a desert. Made for each other types. From pin to elephant we talked endlessly. It went to a point of calling each other by names like "Sweetheart", "Shona", "Munmun", "Teddy Bear" and all that. I almost married her in my thoughts.

Irritatingly Rohini said, "O...Hello!!!!"

Aryan chuckled, "Miss Jealous, let me finish...."

An angry look flashed on Rohini's face, "Okay, shoot!!"

"Yeah, I loved Maria. I was feeling like a movie hero and was thanking Sohan for these lively moments. I took an Old Monk and romped to Sohan's PG accommodation. Greeted by Ramu kaka at the door I went to Sohan's room. He was in the bathroom happily singing. I took out my phone and pinged Maria. A beep and I was conscious. Another message, another beep. Confused I started looking around. "What's this?????" I murmured. What is Maria's profile doing on Sohan's laptop? For once I felt I was being double-crossed and started hating Sohan for stealing my only girlfriend."

With trembling hands, I messaged again, and POP the chat window opened. This was the most terrifying moment, much worse than all the exams which I had given till now.

"Ha ha ha ha.." Rohini couldn't stop laughing Sohan is always a prankster. I just love him for it. By the way, my future husband, what did you do next?"

"Just nothing," Aryan said. I had seen through Sohan's game and was very upset with him. I locked the bathroom door from outside and waited for him to finish his bath. The door opened only after he begged and showered me with a million sorries and regrets. He had no other choice because for how long he could be in his towel in that winter."

" Rohini honestly that was the day when our real friendship started and we became best buddies."

"Oooh, so that's how you took your revenge on Sohan?" Rohini said.

"Revenge no not exactly. Does it fit in friendship? He gave me the best of moments with Maria and made me step into the world of romance and love. Well yes, I took revenge. I just got engaged to his sister and am going to marry her very soon, you see." Aryan said sheepishly.

Rohini blushed and smiled with love. Suddenly her phone rang. She looked at Aryan. "Who's there?"

"Your Shona," Rohini said with a mischievous smile.

"Haha hahaha. That's so funny. Now pick up the call madam" Aryan replied.

"Hello!!! MARIA...Oops, I mean hello Bhai..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE REAL LAXMI

WORDS - Healer & Dealer

Sorrow - A gift